HAPPY NEW YEAR from everyone at Michael Dods Racing
- 24-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Michael Dods trains at Denton Hall Stables, situated in the peaceful, picturesque village of Denton, just four miles outside of Darlington.
The 2020 campaign proved another successful year for Michael Dods Racing, with 43 winners and 143 placed horses, despite the enormous challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The coronavirus obviously delayed the season in 2020 but everyone worked hard, and The British Horseracing Authority did a great job in getting racing up and running again on June 1st. We are also hugely grateful to all our owners and staff for keeping the show on the road in such difficult and unprecedented circumstances.
Dakota Gold again excelled, winning four races including the Group Three Bengough Stakes at York. Que Amoro was also a star, especially when running the great Battaash to a length in the Group One Nunthorpe Stakes, at York, in August.
We have every reason to look forward to the 2021 season, and the team is excited about the horses we have to train this year.
Callum Rodriguez, Paul Mulrennan, Connor Beasley, Andrew Mullen, and apprentice Aidan Redpath will again be sharing the rides, and they form a first-class team of jockeys.
Denton Hall is perfectly placed to reach all the northern racecourses and is close enough to the A1 to also venture further south.
Michael is assisted by his hard-working wife Carole, as well as highly experienced Yard Managers Steve Alderson and David Dickenson, and has a dedicated team behind him. We pride ourselves on being professional and friendly.
We train racehorses for individual owners, racing partnerships and we also have our own horse racing syndicate – Denton Hall Racing – for group ownership. In addition, we also launched our own Dods Racing Club towards the end of the year, giving members a value-for-money way of getting involved in the sport.
If you are interested in any of the forms of racehorse ownership please do contact the yard to discuss your requirements.
You’ll find regular updates on this site, including latest entries, winners, news updates – and even a blog by Barney McGrew! Please also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more bulletins.
Thanks for visiting; we hope you enjoy browsing our website.
All declarations, entries, results and statistics for Michael Dods can all be viewed on the Racing Post website. The racing enthusiasts number one resource over Cheltenham.