Welcome to Michael Dods Racing
- 07-May-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 07-May-2021: Cracking run by Pendleton to be beaten a nose at Ascot after a year on the sidelines
- 26-Apr-2021: Commanche Falls stays on well to win at Ayr under Connor Beasley
- 24-Apr-2021: Gale Force Maya and Paul Mulrennan make all to win at Doncaster
- 13-Apr-2021: Gigi's Beach and Callum Rodriguez land Newcastle win for Denton Hall Racing members
- 12-Apr-2021: A Boy Named Ivy makes it a Redcar double under a strong Paul Mulrennan drive
- 12-Apr-2021: Diamondonthehill impresses under a confident Callum Rodriguez ride at Redcar
- 05-Apr-2021: Danielsflyer makes it two in a row under a great ride from Connor Beasley at Redcar
- 02-Apr-2021: Aidan Redpath gets off the mark on Havagomecca at Newcastle
- 27-Mar-2021: Huge run by Brunch to be runner-up in the Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster
- 02-Mar-2021: Danielsflyer gets up under Connor Beasley to win at Newcastle
- 28-Jan-2021: Whittle Le Woods starts the 2021 ball rolling with gutsy win at Southwell under Paul Mulrennan
Michael Dods trains at Denton Hall Stables, situated in the peaceful, picturesque village of Denton, just four miles outside of Darlington.
The 2020 campaign proved another successful year for Michael Dods Racing, with 43 winners and 143 placed horses, despite the enormous challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The coronavirus obviously delayed the season in 2020 but everyone worked hard, and The British Horseracing Authority did a great job in getting racing up and running again on June 1st. We are also hugely grateful to all our owners and staff for keeping the show on the road in such difficult and unprecedented circumstances.
Dakota Gold again excelled, winning four races including the Group Three Bengough Stakes at York. Que Amoro was also a star, especially when running the great Battaash to a length in the Group One Nunthorpe Stakes, at York, in August.
We have every reason to look forward to the 2021 season, and the team is excited about the horses we have to train this year.
Callum Rodriguez, Paul Mulrennan, Connor Beasley, Andrew Mullen, and apprentice Aidan Redpath will again be sharing the rides, and they form a first-class team of jockeys.
Denton Hall is perfectly placed to reach all the northern racecourses and is close enough to the A1 to also venture further south.
Michael is assisted by his hard-working wife Carole, as well as highly experienced Yard Managers Steve Alderson and David Dickenson, and has a dedicated team behind him. We pride ourselves on being professional and friendly.
We train racehorses for individual owners, racing partnerships and we also have our own horse racing syndicate – Denton Hall Racing – for group ownership. In addition, we also launched our own Dods Racing Club towards the end of the year, giving members a value-for-money way of getting involved in the sport.
If you are interested in any of the forms of racehorse ownership please do contact the yard to discuss your requirements.
You’ll find regular updates on this site, including latest entries, winners, news updates – and even a blog by Barney McGrew! Please also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more bulletins.
Thanks for visiting; we hope you enjoy browsing our website.
All declarations, entries, results and statistics for Michael Dods can all be viewed on the Racing Post website. The racing enthusiasts number one resource over Cheltenham.