Welcome to Michael Dods Racing
- 22-Sep-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 21-Sep-2021: Peerless Percy stays on stoutly under Callum Rodriguez to make it two on the bounce at Newcastle
- 16-Sep-2021: Gale Force Maya makes it third time lucky in the British EBF Premier Fillies' Stakes at Pontefract under Graham Lee
- 16-Sep-2021: Northern Express lands Ayr handicap with late burst under Paul Mulrennan
- 13-Sep-2021: Alethiometer follows up promising Redcar debut by winning at Thirsk under Connor Beasley
- 03-Sep-2021: Motawaazy makes it three in a row and five for the season at Pontefract
- 03-Sep-2021: Clarets Glory wins second time out at Pontefract under Phil Dennis
- 03-Sep-2021: Peerless Percy wins at Newcastle under Connor Beasley
Michael Dods trains at Denton Hall Stables, situated in the peaceful, picturesque village of Denton, just four miles outside of Darlington.
The 2020 campaign proved another successful year for Michael Dods Racing, with 43 winners and 143 placed horses, despite the enormous challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The coronavirus obviously delayed the season in 2020 but everyone worked hard, and The British Horseracing Authority did a great job in getting racing up and running again on June 1st. We are also hugely grateful to all our owners and staff for keeping the show on the road in such difficult and unprecedented circumstances.
Dakota Gold again excelled, winning four races including the Group Three Bengough Stakes at York. Que Amoro was also a star, especially when running the great Battaash to a length in the Group One Nunthorpe Stakes, at York, in August.
We had every reason to look forward to the 2021 season, and the team was excited about the horses we have to train this year.
And so far, the 2021 season is going really well. We passed the 30 mark in July with winners including Commanche Run in the Unibet Stewards' Cup at Glorious Goodwpood, and there are plenty more opportunities to come.
Callum Rodriguez, Paul Mulrennan, Connor Beasley, Andrew Mullen, and apprentice Aidan Redpath are again sharing the rides, and they form a first-class team of jockeys.
Denton Hall is perfectly placed to reach all the northern racecourses and is close enough to the A1 to also venture further south.
Michael is assisted by his hard-working wife Carole, as well as highly experienced Yard Managers Steve Alderson and David Dickenson, and has a dedicated team behind him. We pride ourselves on being professional and friendly.
We train racehorses for individual owners, racing partnerships and we also have our own horse racing syndicate – Denton Hall Racing – for group ownership. In addition, we also launched our own Dods Racing Club towards the end of the year, giving members a value-for-money way of getting involved in the sport.
If you are interested in any of the forms of racehorse ownership please do contact the yard to discuss your requirements.
You’ll find regular updates on this site, including latest entries, winners, news updates – and even a blog by Barney McGrew! Please also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more bulletins.
Thanks for visiting; we hope you enjoy browsing our website.
All declarations, entries, results and statistics for Michael Dods can all be viewed on the Racing Post website. The racing enthusiasts number one resource over Cheltenham.