Welcome to Michael Dods Racing
- 11-Aug-2020: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 09-Aug-2020: Diamond Haze wins comfortably under Connor Beasley at Thirsk
- 08-Aug-2020: Magisterium runs a fine race in defeat to be a neck second at Newmarket
- 05-Aug-2020: John Kirkup wins gamely under Connor Beasley at Ayr
- 01-Aug-2020: Trainer and owner praise Thirsk for setting example of how to cater for owners
- 29-Jul-2020: Challet defies topweight under Paul Mulrennan to win at Thirsk
- 26-Jul-2020: Brunch gets up close home under Callum Rodriguez to win a York thriller
- 26-Jul-2020: Dods criticises some northern courses for not doing enough to cater for owners
- 23-Jul-2020: Michael Dods pays tribute to racehorse owner and breeder Geoff Turnbull who has died aged 74
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 13-Jul-2020: Inductive gets up on the line to win at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez drive
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 06-Jun-2020: Daily updates on all the latest entries from the yard
- 27-May-2020: We are looking for an experienced and capable rider to join the team at Denton Hall, Visit the Jobs section for further details
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
- 29-Jun-2020: Commanche Falls digs in under a great ride from Connor Beasley to win at Thirsk
Experienced racehorse trainer Michael Dods trains at Denton Hall Stables, situated in the peaceful, picturesque village of Denton, just four miles outside of Darlington.
This year marks Michael’s 30th season as a trainer and he goes in 2020 having established an impressive and consistent track record, including Group One victories.
Denton Hall is perfectly placed to reach all the northern racecourses and is close enough to the A1 to also venture further south.
Michael is assisted by his hard-working wife Carole, as well as highly experienced Yard Managers Steve Alderson and David Dickenson, and has a dedicated team behind him. We pride ourselves on being professional and friendly.
The 2019 campaign proved another successful year for Denton Hall with 44 winners, 142 placed horses and more than £800,000 in prize money.
Dakota Gold was a revelation by winning five races from just seven runs, a feat that resulted in him the being voted winner of the Special Achievement award during the Racehorse Owners Association 38th Horseracing Awards at a glittering evening in London.
Mabs Cross again competed at the highest level and captured a second successive Palace House Stakes under Paul Mulrennan. Mabs Cross has now been sold to Qatar Racing and is settling in well at stud.
Callum Rodriguez, Paul Mulrennan, Connor Beasley and Andrew Mullen will again be sharing the rides throughout the coming season, and we've recruited Aidan Redpath as our apprentice.
The coronavirus crisis obviously delayed the start of the Flat racing season, but we concentrated on ensuring all members of the team were safe, while keeping the horses fit and well, and it's been great to get back among the winners since racing resumed at the start of June.
Every box at Denton Hall is full and, now we are up and running, we are still anticipating an exciting year ahead. We look forward to welcoming you at the yard and seeing you on the racecourse as soon as that is possible.
We train racehorses for individual owners, racing partnerships and we also have our own horse racing syndicate – Denton Hall Racing – for group ownership. If you are interested in any of the forms of racehorse ownership please do contact the yard to discuss your requirements.
Thanks for visiting; we hope you enjoy browsing our website.
All declarations, entries, results and statistics for Michael Dods can all be viewed on the Racing Post website. The racing enthusiasts number one resource over Cheltenham.