Denton Hall Facilities
- 02-Dec-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 09-Nov-2021: Azure Blue impresses in commanding victory under Paul Mulrennan at Newcastle
- 26-Oct-2021: Jomont stays on well under David Nolan to get off the mark at Newcastle
- 18-Oct-2021: Greenbarn wins second time out under Connor Beasley at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2021: Queen's Sargent comes from last to first to win at Catterick under Connor Beasley
- 15-Oct-2021: Sezaam shows a great attitude to get up on the line at Redcar under determined Connor Beasley drive
- 24-Sep-2021: Challet and Connor Beasley strike at York to land our 50th winner of the season
- 23-Sep-2021: The gutsy Gale Force Maya defies topweight under Adam Farragher at Newmarket
- 21-Sep-2021: Peerless Percy stays on stoutly under Callum Rodriguez to make it two on the bounce at Newcastle
- 16-Sep-2021: Gale Force Maya makes it third time lucky in the British EBF Premier Fillies' Stakes at Pontefract under Graham Lee
- 16-Sep-2021: Northern Express lands Ayr handicap with late burst under Paul Mulrennan
- 13-Sep-2021: Alethiometer follows up promising Redcar debut by winning at Thirsk under Connor Beasley
- 03-Sep-2021: Clarets Glory wins second time out at Pontefract under Phil Dennis
- 03-Sep-2021: Motawaazy makes it three in a row and five for the season at Pontefract
- 03-Sep-2021: Peerless Percy wins at Newcastle under Connor Beasley
Denton Hall Stables are set in 540 acres of tranquil County Durham countryside which is ideal for training thoroughbred racehorses. As well as being blessed with a picturesque, natural setting, we also have first-class facilities aimed at keeping our horses healthy and happy.
GALLOPS: We have two excellent gallops – a six-furlong sand and fibre all-weather gallop; and a grass seven-furlong gallop, both on an incline. A set of starting stalls is positioned on the gallops to teach young horses how to jump out prior to racing.
STABLES: The yard has 80 stables which are all well-appointed and easily accessible.
CANTER RING: There is a 300-metre circular canter ring which is perfect for warm-up work.
TROTTING RING: This is also used to warm the horses up prior to working on the gallops.
EQUINE SPA: This is perfect for relieving aches and pains that the horses may have picked up during training or racing. Two equine massage rugs are used to help with any stiff muscles or areas of discomfort.
PADDOCKS: We have plenty of turn-out paddocks, which are used daily to allow the horses to have some relaxation time.
TRANSPORT: We have our own three horseboxes for transporting the horses to the races.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: The yard features wash bays for washing horses down after work; a horse weighing machine; lunge rings; a nebuliser; and three horse-walkers.
Prospective Owners are always welcome to view the facilities and watch horses exercise on the gallops. Please contact Michael Dods to arrange your visit.