Denton Hall Facilities
- 28-Nov-2020: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Denton Hall Stables are set in 540 acres of tranquil County Durham countryside which is ideal for training thoroughbred racehorses. As well as being blessed with a picturesque, natural setting, we also have first-class facilities aimed at keeping our horses healthy and happy.
GALLOPS: We have two excellent gallops – a six-furlong sand and fibre all-weather gallop; and a grass seven-furlong gallop, both on an incline. A set of starting stalls is positioned on the gallops to teach young horses how to jump out prior to racing.
STABLES: The yard has 80 stables which are all well-appointed and easily accessible.
CANTER RING: There is a 300-metre circular canter ring which is perfect for warm-up work.
TROTTING RING: This is also used to warm the horses up prior to working on the gallops.
EQUINE SPA: This is perfect for relieving aches and pains that the horses may have picked up during training or racing. Two equine massage rugs are used to help with any stiff muscles or areas of discomfort.
PADDOCKS: We have plenty of turn-out paddocks, which are used daily to allow the horses to have some relaxation time.
TRANSPORT: We have our own three horseboxes for transporting the horses to the races.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: The yard features wash bays for washing horses down after work; a horse weighing machine; lunge rings; a nebuliser; and three horse-walkers.
Prospective Owners are always welcome to view the facilities and watch horses exercise on the gallops. Please contact Michael Dods to arrange your visit.