Denton Hall Facilities
- 11-Aug-2020: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 09-Aug-2020: Diamond Haze wins comfortably under Connor Beasley at Thirsk
- 08-Aug-2020: Magisterium runs a fine race in defeat to be a neck second at Newmarket
- 05-Aug-2020: John Kirkup wins gamely under Connor Beasley at Ayr
- 01-Aug-2020: Trainer and owner praise Thirsk for setting example of how to cater for owners
- 29-Jul-2020: Challet defies topweight under Paul Mulrennan to win at Thirsk
- 26-Jul-2020: Brunch gets up close home under Callum Rodriguez to win a York thriller
- 26-Jul-2020: Dods criticises some northern courses for not doing enough to cater for owners
- 23-Jul-2020: Michael Dods pays tribute to racehorse owner and breeder Geoff Turnbull who has died aged 74
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 13-Jul-2020: Inductive gets up on the line to win at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez drive
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 06-Jun-2020: Daily updates on all the latest entries from the yard
- 27-May-2020: We are looking for an experienced and capable rider to join the team at Denton Hall, Visit the Jobs section for further details
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
- 29-Jun-2020: Commanche Falls digs in under a great ride from Connor Beasley to win at Thirsk
Denton Hall Stables are set in 540 acres of tranquil County Durham countryside which is ideal for training thoroughbred racehorses. As well as being blessed with a picturesque, natural setting, we also have first-class facilities aimed at keeping our horses healthy and happy.
GALLOPS: We have two excellent gallops – a six-furlong sand and fibre all-weather gallop; and a grass seven-furlong gallop, both on an incline. A set of starting stalls is positioned on the gallops to teach young horses how to jump out prior to racing.
STABLES: The yard has 80 stables which are all well-appointed and easily accessible.
CANTER RING: There is a 300-metre circular canter ring which is perfect for warm-up work.
TROTTING RING: This is also used to warm the horses up prior to working on the gallops.
EQUINE SPA: This is perfect for relieving aches and pains that the horses may have picked up during training or racing. Two equine massage rugs are used to help with any stiff muscles or areas of discomfort.
PADDOCKS: We have plenty of turn-out paddocks, which are used daily to allow the horses to have some relaxation time.
TRANSPORT: We have our own three horseboxes for transporting the horses to the races.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: The yard features wash bays for washing horses down after work; a horse weighing machine; lunge rings; a nebuliser; and three horse-walkers.
Prospective Owners are always welcome to view the facilities and watch horses exercise on the gallops. Please contact Michael Dods to arrange your visit.