- 07-Jul-2022: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 05-Jul-2022: Wor Willie strides to easy success under Paul Mulrennan at Pontefract
- 01-Jul-2022: Second career win for Alethiometer under Connor Beasley at Doncaster
- 21-Jun-2022: Proud Archi makes it five course and distance wins at Beverley
- 10-Jun-2022: York double for the yard as Northern Express defies topweight under Paul Mulrennan
- 10-Jun-2022: Gale Force Maya makes it her 10th career win at York
- 09-Jun-2022: Arch Moon bounces back to form with easy win under Connor Beasley at Haydock
- 08-Jun-2022: Azure Blue impresses under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
Strange creatures these humans...
Well, everyone’s buzzing round here after that Jawwaal won at Ascot yesterday.
We love it when us northern yards go down there and put one over on the southerners.
Mind you, Jawwaal hasn’t been here for too long. He came up from Newmarket a year or so ago because he used to be trained by that John Gosden human. Imagine that - being a stablemate of Enable. Can’t be bad.
We thought he might be a bit stuck up (the Newmarket horses sometimes are) but Jawwaal’s a decent chap. Took a while to settle in but he’s proving himself now.
His owners, The Sekura Group, make very nice windows and doors, apparently, so if you need any, let me know and I’ll have a word. Nice people.
I was pleased to see that young un, Magisterium, get her second win on the dusty stuff at Newcastle last night. She’s a right little fighter that one. Got up right on the line, she did. I’ll tell her well done when I see her.
We also had a winner at Pontefract during the week with Dancin Boy, pictured below after winning at Redcar last year. I like Dancin Boy - always says hello when he passes my field on the way to the gallops. He's a gentleman.
Apparently, his owner, a nice human in a flat cap called Roger, only bought a racehorse because his golf handicap had gone to pot. I’ve asked around about this golf business and you’ll never believe what it’s all about. The humans get a bag of sticks and then try to hit a tiny ball into a hole a furlong or so away. They spend hours doing it, walk for miles, and get really upset with themselves if they lose their balls. What a bloody waste of time that is! You couldn’t make it up.
As I keep saying - strange creatures these humans.
Anyway, that’s all from me for another week. Let's hope we get some more winners next week. Take care everyone. Lots of love.