Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Tough call for Mulrennan as fillies go head to head at Ayr
TRAINER Michael Dods has spoken about the dilemma facing jockey Paul Mulrennan as two of the stable's stars prepare go head to head at Ayr on Monday.
Michael admits it has been difficult having Que Amoro and Queens Gift, main picture, in the same race - the EBF Land O’Burns Fillies’ Stakes - but the restricted programme left him with little choice.
"It’s made life very difficult for Paul because I’m sure he would want to be on both horses, but he'll be on Que Amoro and Callum Rodriguez will ride Queens Gift.
"Callum has ridden Queens Gift before, and they’ve had some good days together, most notably when finishing second to Equilateral at Doncaster last season. Paul knows Que Amoro, so he will stick with her. It’s probably a one-off in terms of the pair running against each other.
"It’s first time out for Que Amoro, below, and that can sometimes be difficult, whereas Queens Gift has had a run in the Palace House. Fingers crossed they both run well."
]Meanwhile, the stable has a relatively quiet weekend ahead, with just three runners, starting with MADRESELVA making her debut in the British Stallion Studs EBF Winksley Maiden Fillies’ Stakes (4.30) at Ripon.
"She’s a two-year-old filly, and this is her first run. She seems a nice horse, and hopefully she’ll come on for her first run," said Michael.
Also running at Ripon on Saturday is JOHN KIRKUP in the Summerbridge Handicap (6.10). "He loves heavy ground, and he’s a different horse when he gets his conditions. When he gets the ground just as he wants it, hopefully he’ll come into his own. When he gets his ground, I’m sure he’ll run his race," said Michael.
The yard has one runner on Sunday – COLD LIGHT OF DAY in the Follow @RacingTV on Twitter Handicap (4.15) at Redcar. "She’s owned by Kirsten Rausing and seems a nice filly. She’s got a middle-distance pedigree and this is her fourth run. She will like the soft ground, but the mile-and-a-quarter trip will probably be sharp enough for her. Over time, I can definitely see her stepping up to a mile-and-a-half or a mile-and-six, but we have to start her off somewhere so hopefully she’ll run nicely," said the trainer.