Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Dods praises Newcastle for getting racing off to a good re-start
TRAINER Michael Dods has praised the “impeccable organisation” behind racing’s return at Newcastle Racecourse today.
Michael, who had three runners on the first day back, said: “There’s clearly a lot of work gone in to getting it right and it’s a really good start that bodes well for the future.”
A host of strict safety measures were put in place to protect everyone involved in the 10 races, staged behind closed doors.
The precautions start as soon as the horses are declared to run four days in advance, with an email having to be sent to the British Horseracing Authority, confirming the names of the staff who will be attending with the horses.
Upon arrival at the course today, the staff – Travelling Head Lad Kenny Williams, along with Aidan Redpath and Rob Brown – had their temperatures taken, and identity confirmed at a second checkpoint.
Saddles were placed on a table outside to avoid anyone going into the weighing room, and the parade ring was marked out to ensure social distancing was maintained. Jockeys all wore face masks during the ten races, with no spectators allowed.
“It was very well done, and the staff were well looked after with drinks and sandwiches provided, so congratulations to Newcastle for getting things going in the right way,” said Michael.
“When you compare it with what you see on the beaches and, with the protests in London, the racecourse is probably one of the safest places to be at the moment.”
The stable had three runners today – Dancin’ Boy, Heath Charnock, and Twist of Hay, which finished a promising third at 33-1.
“They all ran well despite obviously being rusty,” said Michael, who has five runners on day two of the Newcastle meeting.