Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Hoping for a silver lining after a difficult season for Get Knotted
TRAINER Michael Dods has expressed concern about whether evergreen handicapper Get Knotted has had enough races as he heads for the Ayr Silver Cup tomorrow.
The eight-year-old gelding clearly likes Ayr, having been fourth in the Gold Cup in 2018 and third in the Silver Cup last year, but the restricted programme hasn't been ideal for him this season.
Michael's thoughts are summarised in his regular Weekend Preview...
"We've got four horses running this weekend – three at Ayr on Saturday and one at Hamilton on Sunday. Let’s hope they all run well.
First up, DIAMOND HAZE goes in the Microtech Group EBF Nursery Handicap (1.20) at Ayr. He’s done well, and has been pretty consistent, finishing in the first two in each of his last three races. The problem, however, is that each time he’s placed, he’s going up in the handicap. It’s a competitive race, and the owner likes to come to Ayr, but the question mark is whether he can overcome his handicap mark.
Next, GET KNOTTED runs in the Ayr Silver Cup Handicap (2.30). It’s been a funny season for Get Knotted because he hasn’t had a lot of racing. He loves those big seven-furlong handicaps at York, but because of the way the programme has been arranged this year, those races just haven’t really been there for him. As a result, he hasn’t been out as much as we’d normally have wanted and expected. He tends to run well at Ayr, but with it being the Silver Cup, it’s obviously very competitive and he’s going in without a lot of races under his belt.
BRUNCH is our third Saturday runner at Ayr in the Luxury Staycations At Western House Hotel Handicap (4.15). He’s a nice horse, and he’s obviously done very well at York, winning a couple of races in a row. He’s a horse on the upgrade and he’s been in good form all season, so hopefully he’ll do well and put in another good run.
Our Sunday runner is ARCAVALLO in the Barbara Ann Letham & Son Jonathan Memorial Handicap up at Hamilton (2.05). He’s been running okay, but probably no more than that at the moment. He didn’t seem to stay the six furlongs at Newcastle last time out, so we thought we would give him a blast over five furlongs to see how he goes. He seems difficult to win with at the moment, but hopefully the change of trip might do the trick."