Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Looking ahead to our first three runners since lockdown
Thank goodness we are finally getting going again after the lockdown, with three runners left in at Newcastle on Monday after the declaration stage. We'd hoped for more but with the races restricted to 12 runners, it was always going to be the case that some wouldn't get in. We have more entered on Tuesday but we won't know until tomorrow which entries are confirmed.
Here goes for the three runners on Monday...
DANCIN' BOY is our first runner in the Betway Heed Your Hunch Handicap over a mile at 1.30pm. He won over 10 furlongs at Redcar in May last year and was high enough in the handicap after that. He's dropped down now and he ran well on the all-weather at Newcastle as a two-year-old, finishing second twice. This seems to be a good starting point for him this season and Callum Rodriguez takes the ride. He'll improve for the run and it should put him spot on.
TWIST OF HAY goes in the Betway Novice Stakes over six furlongs at 2.45pm with Connor Beasley taking the ride. She's out of an old favourite of ours, Spinatrix, so it would be lovely to see her do well. She ran twice as a two-year-old and performed well on her second start to be third on soft going over six furlongs at Pontefract. She was nearest at the finish that day and she's a nice big filly. The all-weather's an unknown for her and this is a pretty hot novice race so it's a tall order. That said, once she gets good to soft or soft in turf, she'll be a nice filly in time.
HEATH CHARNOCK is our third runner in the Heed Your Hunch At Betway Handicap again over six furlongs at 3.20. Connor takes the ride and we know he likes the all-weather. He won at Newcastle as a two-year-old and has done well at the track since. He also clearly loves Chelmsford, and won there a year ago. He's drawn 10 and has top weight to contend with, off a mark of 85. Again, this is a competitive race, as you'd expect after the lay-off, but he always seems to run his race and, hopefully, he'll go well.
Whatever happens, it'll just be nice to get going for the season and, if everyone works together, things will hopefully progress with safety the absolute priority.
- Main image shows Connor Beasley and Heath Charnock on the gallops this morning, leading Callum Rodriguez on Gale Force Maya