Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Magisterium kicks off the weekend at Newmarket
A relatively busy weekend with one runner down at Newmarket on Saturday and five in action closer to home at Thirsk on Sunday.
The Saturday runner down at headquarters is MAGISTERIUM in the Betway Nursery Handicap over seven furlongs. She's done us proud so far, showing a great attitude to win her last two races at Redcar and Newcastle after being second on her debut at Doncaster.
The quick ground might be a slight concern - the all-weather at Newcastle wasn't a problem and Redcar was just nice ground. This is more competitive, and there might be something in the race that's well handicapped, but she's done nothing wrong and, hopefully, she'll run a good race.
Paul Mulrennan has ridden her on all three of her runs and he's back in the saddle again.
Our Sunday runners at Thirsk start with BOBBY'S ROSE in the Follow @willhillracing On Twitter Novice Stakes (Div I). She runs in the colours of the Denton Hall Racing syndicate and there are still shares available. She was green on her debut when fourth of six at Ripon. Callum Rodriguez rode her then and we've kept the partnership intact.
She probably wants a step up to six furlongs but this race was there for her. It's only her second run but she seems well.
MECCA'S HOT STEPS goes next in the William Hill Play Responsibly Novice Stakes. She's been consistent, finishing in the frame on her last three runs and only just failed to get up last time out at Ayr. She keeps running her race but finds one too good. She seems well and just needs a bit of luck.
Connor Beasley rides.
Next we have ARCAVALLO in the William Hill Lengthen #yourodds Handicap. He's dropped down the handicap a long way but it's his first run after a lengthy break. He looks well and, hopefully, he'll run well and come on for the race. He was doing his best work at the finish on the all-weather at Newcastle over five furlongs last time, and he's got the extra furlong this time. Tom Eaves retains the ride.
DIAMOND HAZE has his third outing in the William Hill Vegas Nursery Handicap. He was keeping on when sixth of 14 at Thirsk over six furlongs last time and now tackles the extra furlong, with Connor Beasley riding. We always felt six furlongs was on the short side. He's a nice horse and we're sure he'll have a future.
Finally, we have DUSK ART making his debut in the colours of the late Geoff Turnbull in the Follow @willhillracing On Twitter Novice Stakes (Div II). He's a home-bred by Twilight Son, a good sprinter, trained by Henry Candy, out of a Dutch Art mare. He's only small but he's a sweet little horse who tries hard. Andrew Mullen's on board.