Denton Hall News
- 24-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
May 10 Update
Once racing gets underway again, we'll be resuming the regular Weekend Preview.
In the meantime, we'll be giving weekly updates on some of the horses.
Given what he achieved last season, it seems only fair to start with DAKOTA GOLD.
After a pipe-opener on the all-weather at Newcastle at the end of June, he won five times and had the excuse of the ground being too firm when he lost his other race at Newbury in September.
It's going to be harder for him this season but he's in good order and is ready to go. He'll be campaigned between five and six furlongs and prefers a bit of juice in the ground.
It's difficult to make plans until we have a racing programme in place but don't forget it was June 28 before he had his first run last season and he's in a good place.
Given the state of play, he might have to run in races that wouldn't have normally been considered, but first port of call could be the Group 3 Palace House Stakes over five and a half furlongs. It's normally run at Newmarket but we'll have to see what happens.
Fields are also going to be restricted to 12 runners so there's no guarantee he'll get into races like that but there will be plenty of options once we get going.
For now, suffice to say we're very pleased with him.
TROUBADOR was another of the stable stars last season.
He won four for us as a two-year-old and finished off with a cracking second to Summer Sands in the Two-Year-Old Trophy at Redcar.
Richard Fahey's winner was a blip in the handicap that day, with Troubador giving a lot of weight away, so that was no disgrace.
He's rated 101 so it will be difficult for him going into his three-year-old campaign but he's done well over the winter.
We've got no firm plans yet but he's ready to go when racing resumes and he goes on any ground. We'll start him over six furlongs but there's every possibility he could step up to seven this season.
He's a very straightforward horse and, hopefully, he'll do us proud again.
GOOD VIBES is an exciting addition to the yard, having being sent to us by Qatar Racing for this season.
She finished off last season winning the Group 3 Cornwallis Stakes at Newmarket when trained by David Evans, and we're delighted to have her.
She seems in good form but, like Troubador, it won't be easy off a rating of 101. If she heads for group races, she'll be taking on older sprinters, and there's every possibility she might also go for the Palace House.
We're sure she'll do well once the season gets underway.
AMPLIFICATION is an interesting horse who joined us from Ed Dunlop in April last year.
He was second at Redcar on his first run for us but suffered a slight injury and missed the rest of the season.
He's a horse we were looking forward to running on the all-weather and he was second in February at Newcastle - one of our last runners before the lockdown.
He seems in good form and he's another who's ready to run once racing gets going again.
We think he'll do well anywhere from seven furlongs to a mile.