Denton Hall News
- 24-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
New options for Dakota Gold as Dods welcomes rescheduled Ascot races
TRAINER Michael Dods has welcomed today’s announcement that four feature races are to be rescheduled following the abandonment of last Saturday's Ascot meeting due to heavy rain.
The British Horseracing Authority has confirmed the revised plan in conjunction with York, Goodwood and Nottingham racecourses.
The Group 3 Cumberland Lodge Stakes will take place at York on October 9; The Group 3 Bengough Stakes has been moved to York on October 10, the Listed October Stakes for fillies will now be run at Goodwood on October 11, and the Listed Rous Stakes has been re-routed to Nottingham on October 14.
Dods, whose star sprinter Dakota Gold missed out running in the Rous Stakes due to the waterlogged track, welcomed the move.
The Denton Hall trainer said: “Overall, the racing industry has done a cracking job to keep the sport going during the pandemic, and this is another example of the flexible and pragmatic approach that has been so important.
“It has been a difficult season for obvious reasons and racing can ill-afford to lose meetings, and these kind of races, so it’s a really positive step to reschedule them.”
Dods confirmed that Dakota Gold would be entered in both the six-furlong Bengough Stakes and the Rous Stakes over five furlongs. The six-year-old gelding, who won the Rous Stakes during a prolific season in 2019, has also been entered in the Breeders Backing EBF Flying Scotsman Conditions Stakes at Musselburgh over the minimum trip on October 12.
“We’ll see what the ground’s like and weigh up the opposition, but it’s good to have some options,” said Dods.
- Dakota Gold is pictured winning the Listed Beverley Bullet at the end of August
A BHA spokesman said: “Although it is not usual procedure to reschedule Group 3 and Listed races, it was felt that with the abandonment coming late in an already disrupted season it was in the best interests of all concerned to reschedule these opportunities.
“The BHA is extremely grateful to the Horserace Betting Levy Board (HBLB) for providing the prize money for all races, alongside the European Breeders Fund (EBF) for the £10,000 added to the October Stakes.”