Denton Hall News
- 28-Jan-2021: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 15-Dec-2020: Whittle le Woods gets up in final furlong to win at Newastle under a Paul Mulrennan drive
- 07-Nov-2020: Dakota Gold storms to a hat-trick as he wins the listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster under Paul Mulrennan
- 27-Oct-2020: Perfect Sign strikes at Southwell to give Oisin Murphy his 1,000th winner and our first winner for Qatar Racing
- 27-Oct-2020: Byron's Choice brings up the 40-winner mark for the season, and secures a Catterick double, under Callum Rodriquez
- 27-Oct-2020: Secret Eagle lands 50-1 surprise in the hands of Phil Dennis at Catterick
- 23-Oct-2020: Bellatrixsa steps up in distance to land first race under Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle
- 19-Oct-2020: John Kirkup and Connor Beasley strike at Pontefract
- 16-Oct-2020: First Greyed strikes at Haydock under Connor Beasley to score for the second time this season
- 14-Oct-2020: He's done it again - Dakota Gold blitzes them in the Rous Stakes under Connor Beasley
- 10-Oct-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley spreadeagle the field to land the Group 3 Bengough Stakes at York
- 26-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls makes it three for the season by winning at Haydock under Connor Beasley
- 25-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates comes from last to first to win again at Haydock
- 21-Sep-2020: Blackrod lives up to debut promise to win impressively at Hamilton under Callum Rodriguez
- 18-Sep-2020: Aliento and Callum Rodriguez win in good style at Catterick
- 15-Sep-2020: Twist of Hay makes it a seaside double at Redcar under Connor Beasley
- 15-Sep-2020: Madreselva gets up in thrilling finish at Redcar under Callum Rodriquez
- 10-Sep-2020: Commanche Falls runs on well under Connor Beasley to win at Haydock
- 04-Sep-2020: Billy No Mates wins at Haydock under Connor Beasley at 16-1
- 01-Sep-2020: Veteran Mustaqbal and Callum Rodriguez make it a double for the stable at Ripon
- 01-Sep-2020: Challet gets up under Paul Mulrennan to win at Ripon
- 27-Aug-2020: Dakota Gold and Connor Beasley make all to land the listed Beverley Bullet
- 27-Aug-2020: Northern Express wins first time out at Beverley under Paul Mulrennan
- 24-Aug-2020: Inductive strikes again at Ayr under Callum Rodriguez
- 21-Aug-2020: Que Amoro runs a blinder to push Battaash all the way in the Nunthorpe
- 20-Jul-2020: 5% shares available in winning three-year-old Gigi's Beach, bought for Denton Hall Racing syndicate
- 12-Jul-2020: Third win of the weekend as Antico Lady holds on gamely under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
- 11-Jul-2020: Magisterium and Paul Mulrennan get up in dying strides to win at Newcastle
- 10-Jul-2020: The latest weekend preview - see the news section
- 14-Jun-2020: Barney's Blog latest - all the gossip through the eyes of Barney McGrew
Que Amoro impresses with listed win in fast time at Ayr
TRAINER Michael Dods has high hopes for flying filly Que Amoro after she won her first listed race in a lightning quick time at Ayr today.
The four-year-old bay filly was highly impressive in easily winning the EBF Land O’Burns Fillies’ Stakes over five furlongs at the Scottish track.
And, as well as making a striking visual impression, the time of 57.12 underlined the quality of the performance under a confident ride from Paul Mulrennan.
James Stack's Tipperary raider, American Lady, was no match for the winner as Que Amoro raced down the centre and came home three lengths clear.
“She’s very quick and the time was the fastest of the day by a long way,” said Michael. “She seemed to quicken again from the front so we have to be delighted.”
There are no firm plans for the Es Que Love sprinter but a tilt at Group class has to be on the agenda now.
“She did it well and she looks like she’s making up into a high-class sprinter. She’s only four, so you’d hope she’d improve. We’ll talk to the owners before deciding where to go next,” added Michael.
Que Amoro had looked progressive as a three-year-old after scoring a double at York before finishing the season with a close second to Karl Burke’s Lady In France in a listed race at Ayr.
Denton Hall stablemate Queens Gift, ridden by Callum Rodriguez, finished fifth behind Que Amoro after missing the break.
“She had a tardy start and it’s hard to make up the ground when they go that quick but she still ran well,” said Michael.