Denton Hall News
- 07-Jul-2022: Latest News from Denton Hall Stables the home of Michael Dods Racing
- 05-Jul-2022: Wor Willie strides to easy success under Paul Mulrennan at Pontefract
- 01-Jul-2022: Second career win for Alethiometer under Connor Beasley at Doncaster
- 21-Jun-2022: Proud Archi makes it five course and distance wins at Beverley
- 10-Jun-2022: York double for the yard as Northern Express defies topweight under Paul Mulrennan
- 10-Jun-2022: Gale Force Maya makes it her 10th career win at York
- 09-Jun-2022: Arch Moon bounces back to form with easy win under Connor Beasley at Haydock
- 08-Jun-2022: Azure Blue impresses under Paul Mulrennan at Hamilton
IT’S busy time of year, with racing coinciding with the sales season. We’ve had a couple of days at Newmarket, followed by two days at Doncaster, and there’s more sales to come next week.
In the meantime, we have just two runners over the weekend, starting with COMMANCHE FALLS in the Close Brothers Asset Management Handicap at Haydock Park on Saturday. He’s won twice out of four runs this season – first time up at Thirsk and last time at Haydock (see main picture). It was soft that day and any rain would help again. Connor Beasley’s back in the driving seat and, although this is a better race, he seems to be improving. Hopefully, he gives a good account of himself again.
RAIN would also help ROYAL CONTEXT who goes up to Musselburgh for the So Stobo So Safe Handicap on Sunday. He put up two good performances over five furlongs at Haydock earlier in the season – he was second in June and then won in July (see picture below). We tried him over six at York last time and he didn’t stay, so we’re bringing him back to five. It’s a decent race and he’s carrying topweight but he’s well and has Paul Mulrennan in the saddle.